Health & Wellness
The Office of School Life manages Highlander's admissions lottery, transportation, lunch program, student records and more. To inquire about any of these services, please contact Ada Rojas at email@example.com or 401-247-3585.
Important Dates for Fall 2019
- August 8th, 5:30pm-8pm, Cookout and Potluck for High School Families Sign up here: https://www.PerfectPotluck.com/UYZC7648
- August 19th, 5pm Popsicles in the Park for New Families at Highlander Providence
- August 20th, 6pm, Orientation for New Middle School Families in Warren
- August 20th, 6:30pm, Orientation for New High School Families in Warren
- August 23rd, Mandatory 7th Grade Orientation in Warren
- August 26th, First Day of School, All Grades
Stay connected to your child's work at Highlander through the links listed below.
Please take the time to learn about them and ask a teacher or staff member to help if you are having difficulty!
Skyward is a tool that helps parents track their child's progress. You can see:
- Report cards and progress reports
- Class schedules and assignments
- Communicate with teachers
- Monitor absences and discipline
This tool allows all Highlander parents who have created a login with their child's teacher to view day to day classroom activities as well as get updates on whole school activities from our Assistant Heads of School Ms. Picciotti in Providence and Dr. Blanco or Mr. Willard, in Warren.
If you need a login, please reach out to your child's teacher!
Email my child's teacher---- connect back to staff listing page.
HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS
Highlander Charter School has established that each student must earn 20 credits to participate in graduation exercises and receive a high school diploma. They must also meet the additional requirements stated below. All course credits and requirements must be completed in order for students to participate in graduation exercises.
Required course credits are as follows:
English 4 Credits
Math 4 Credits
Social Studies 3 Credits
Science 3 Credits
Physical Education (4 years) 1.5 Credits
Health (4 Quarters) 0.5 Credit
Electives (Arts, Language, etc.) 4 Credits
Additional requirements are as follows and also must be completed for participation in graduation exercises:
40 hours of community service (10 hours each year)
Successful completion of Graduation Portfolio, reflections, and a Portfolio Presentation, that demonstrates mastery of specific skills and competencies.