The Office of School Life manages Highlander's admissions lottery, transportation, lunch program, student records and more. To inquire about any of these services, please contact Ada Rojas at email@example.com or 401-247-3585.
Important Dates for Fall 2018
- Orientation for parents of all new students in grades Pre-k through 6, August 20th at 6pm in Providence.
- Mandatory 7th and 9th Grade Parent and Student Orientation, August 21st at 6pm in Warren.
- Orientation for new 8th, 10th and 11th Grade Parents and Students, August 21st at 6pm in Warren.
- Mandatory School Attendance for 7th Grade Students, August 23rd with dismissal at 1pm.
- The first day of school is August 27th for all students.
Stay connected to your child's work at Highlander through the links listed below.
Please take the time to learn about them and ask a teacher or staff member to help if you are having difficulty!
Skyward is a tool that helps parents track their child's progress. You can see:
- Report cards and progress reports
- Class schedules and assignments
- Communicate with teachers
- Monitor absences and discipline
This tool allows all Highlander parents who have created a login with their child's teacher to view day to day classroom activities as well as get updates on whole school activities from our Assistant Heads of School Ms. Picciotti in Providence and Dr. Blanco or Mr. Willard, in Warren.
If you need a login, please reach out to your child's teacher!
Email my child's teacher---- connect back to staff listing page.
HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS
Highlander Charter School has established that each student must earn 20 credits to participate in graduation exercises and receive a high school diploma. They must also meet the additional requirements stated below. All course credits and requirements must be completed in order for students to participate in graduation exercises.
Required course credits are as follows:
English 4 Credits
Math 4 Credits
Social Studies 3 Credits
Science 3 Credits
Physical Education (4 years) 1.5 Credits
Health (4 Quarters) 0.5 Credit
Electives (Arts, Language, etc.) 4 Credits
Additional requirements are as follows and also must be completed for participation in graduation exercises:
40 hours of community service (10 hours each year)
Successful completion of Graduation Portfolio, reflections, and a Portfolio Presentation, that demonstrates mastery of specific skills and competencies.
Successful completion of 1 virtual class or 1 college level class
Successful completion of ELO (Expanded Learning Opportunity) Program including an ELO Exhibition demonstrating in-depth research, presentation, and technology integration skills